Saturday 10 March 2012

Deana's Flowers

OMG I've kidnapped a baby (just kidding) technically I borrowed a baby. JJ has been staying with us for the past 2 weeks and he's a cute little 6 month old and you won't believe how challenging it is to cook dinner let alone do baking or make fondant flowers...

I'm grateful that Deana's party was delayed but as per usual... I left the bouquet for the last minute.

I didn't manage to take step by step pics but here are the finished results.


Took these pics before Nate and I left for the Weymouth Cossie Club where Deana's birthday was and the two black squares are just plastic containers held together with sellotape...

Nate had to come along to hold the flowers as I knew they wouldn't survive a car ride un-attended. En route to the birthday Nate gave me a mild heart attack. I forgot to tell him that the plastic containers were only held together with sellotape and the top container went for a slide and collided with the dash board. Luckily for us the flowers had hardened and there were only a couple of minor breaks. The time now is 11.15pm and thanks to my Zyban tablets I'm wired and possibly because of my mild heart ache earlier so I need to start checking my cupboards to see if I have the ingredients I need to make a pineapple pie for Deana's kai-kai tomorrow. That's me for now, but Juni's birthday is next Sunday and I need to think about how I'm going to make a tree cake with a monkey hanging from it. I might see if I can convince him to have a different type of cake that I can make that will fit in with a 6 month old baby...
Ciao for now

PINEAPPLE PIE

So I was slightly delayed with regards to starting the pineapple pie today and was instructed to have it delivered by 12 noon. Well that dead line came and went and I managed to get it delivered just before 2pm. I was quietly stressing at the situation but was instantly relieved when I arrived to find them still setting up the food and cooking a bbq. So here are the pics of the pie I made for Deana's kaikai.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The people who make me - me

My photo
My 4 guinea pigs... Daniel My husband. He is not the best critic because he will eat everything I serve him on a plate and say it tastes 'nice'. Nate My 17 year old son who will eat anything put in front of him. Juni My 8 year old son who is fast becoming like his big brother in regards to the amount he eats. Nika My 6 year old princess. She eats more like a little sparrow and rarely over indulges in food. She is my favourite critic as she will tell me what tastes good and what tastes great. My family Pop My dad. Although he has minimal involvement in my life, I believe he has played a major roll in the person I have become. Mum My ear, shoulder and confidant. A woman worth her weight in gold. She is always there to have a good chin wag with and has inspired a few of my creations. Then there's me - Kiri. I have always enjoyed baking. I learnt early on that the quickest way to my heart was through food which is probably why I LOVE to cook for people.

Followers